Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas From Chrontendo

Hey, Everyone! I've been busy during the last week, but I just wanted to take a moment and wish everyone Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. (Are we allowed to start saying "Happy Holidays" again? We no longer have to fear incurring the wrath of Bill O'Reilly for uttering those hateful words?)

The 00's have been a pretty rough decade, and 2008 and 2009 in particular have been hard years for many of us. Let's hope the next decade is filled with less war, disaster and economic meltdown.


















Until then, if you're a Christmas celebrating sort of person, I hope yours is safe and happy, and that Santa gets you everything on your list. I personally asked him (or more realistically speaking, my wife) for a MAC chef's knife. Oh, how I long to get rid of my crappy old knife!

And, of course, Chrontendo will be offering up a new episode before too long. Next up: Metal Gear! And, uh.... Superman. And after Episode 26, the first episode of Chronturbo!

Note: Super Mario ornament image above is from Super Mario Bros HQ.

3 comments:

qaylIS aka Nicolas Deußer said...

Thanks for your Christmas and Holiday wishes. Interesting knife, a cook who thinks something of himself should have his unique kitchen knife, whether it is a high end laser shaped super metal one, or a hand crafted from a blind knife smith who dropped dead after finishing it.

I am eagerly awaiting the next Chrontendo, though I believe you mean the first Chronturbo will arive after Chrontendo 27, not 26 (if I am wrong, please correct me).

Oh yeah, and a happy new year, chef =)

Doctor Sparkle said...

Yes, you are correct! Episode 27 is next - the Metal Gear (and Superman) episode.

The MAC knife is on its way to me, and I can hardly wait. This will be me first high-tech Japanese knife, who make the best knives in the world nowadays - no offense the the Germans.

qaylIS aka Nicolas Deußer said...

Knifes from the little german town Solingen are also very good, but the comparison is hard, because they have other fields in which they are used. The Japanese knifes excel with vegetables and fish, while the german knifes are usually for meat. Which doesn't mean that japanese don't have meat, and germans don't eat fish...these are just guidelines I heard some years ago from a german TV-cook.

What is interesting is, that both Japan and Germany have a long history of steel weapon smithing, just with other techniques. And while Japan has still many traditional sword smiths, germany has only a hand full...only bayonets and fight-knifes for the military are still proudly produced by german smiths...but enough cultural stuff for now, enjoy your knife =)